- What are cookies?
Likewise, the Web will be able to know all the services requested by the users, so that they will be able to facilitate or offer adequate information to the tastes and preferences of each user.
- What types of cookies are there?
Cookies, depending on their permanence, can be divided into:
- “Session cookies”: The first ones expire when the user closes the browser.
- “Persistent cookies”. The second ones expire depending on when the purpose for which they serve is fulfilled (for example, so that the user remains identified in the Services) or when they are manually deleted.
Additionally, depending on their Objective, Cookies can be classified as follows:
- Performance Cookies: This type of Cookie remembers your preferences for the tools found in the services, so you do not have to reconfigure the service each time you visit. As an example, this typology includes:
- Volume settings for video or sound players.
- The video transmission speeds that are compatible with your browser.
- Geo-location cookies: These Cookies are used to find out which country you are in when a service is requested. This Cookie is completely anonymous, and is only used to help guide the content to your location.
- Registration Cookies: Registration Cookies are generated once the user has registered or subsequently opened their session, and they are used to identify them in the services with the following objectives:
- Keep the user identified so that, if they close a service, the browser or the computer and at another time or another day they re-enter said service, they will continue to be identified, thus facilitating their browsing without having to identify themselves again. This functionality can be suppressed if the user presses the “close session” functionality, so that this Cookie is eliminated and the next time the user enters the service, the user will have to log in to be identified.
- Check if the user is authorized to access certain services, for example, to participate in a contest.
- Analytical Cookies: Every time a User visits a service, a tool from an external provider generates an analytical Cookie on the user’s computer. This Cookie, which is only generated during the visit, will serve in future visits to the Web Services to identify the visitor anonymously. The main objectives pursued are:
- Allow anonymous identification of browsing users through the “Cookie” (identifies browsers and devices, not people) and therefore the approximate count of the number of visitors and their trend over time.
- Anonymously identify the most visited content and therefore the most attractive to users.
- Know if the user who is accessing is new or repeats visit.
- Important: Unless the user decides to register for a Web service, the “Cookie” will never be associated with any personal data that can identify them. These Cookies will only be used for statistical purposes that help to optimize the User’s experience on the site.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: This type of “Cookies” allows you to expand the information of the advertisements displayed to each anonymous user in the Web Services. Among others, the duration or frequency of viewing advertising positions, the interaction with them, is stored , or the browsing patterns and / or shares of the user as they help to form a profile of advertising interest. In this way, they allow to offer advertising related to the interests of the user.
- Third-party advertising cookies: In addition to the advertising managed by the Web in its Services, the Web offers its advertisers the option of serving advertisements through third parties (“AdServers”). In this way, these third parties can store Cookies sent from the Web Services coming from the Users’ browsers, as well as access the data stored in them.
- ¿What cookies do we use?
The cookies we use on our website are:
- Own: They are those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the publisher itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Session cookies: they allow to remember browsing preferences of the user of the page during the duration of the visit, and until the user closes the browser. Currently we do not have the session cookie active.
- Third parties: These are those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the publisher, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through cookies.
- Google Analytics: they serve to analyze the user’s browsing experience, and allow us to improve our website to adapt to your needs. They normally remain in the user’s browser for a while, until the browser’s cookies are deleted or the time defined for their elimination passes. They are called _ga, _ga *, and _gid. More information: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=es
- ¿How to disable Cookies?
Normally, it is possible to stop accepting browser Cookies, or stop accepting Cookies from a particular Service.
All modern browsers allow you to change the cookie settings. These settings are usually found in the “options” or “preferences” of your browser menu. You can also configure your browser or your email manager, as well as install free add-ons to prevent Web Bugs from being downloaded when opening an email.
The Web offers guidance to the User on the steps to access the cookie configuration menu and, where appropriate, private browsing in each of the main browsers:
- Internet Explorer: Tools -> Internet Options -> Privacy -> Settings.
- For more information, you can consult Microsoft support or browser Help.
- Firefox: Tools -> Options -> Privacy -> History -> Custom configuration.
- Chrome: Settings -> Show advanced options -> Privacy -> Content settings.
- Safari: Preferences -> Security.
- For more information, you can consult Apple support or browser Help.
The Website may modify this Cookies Policy depending on the legislative and regulatory requirements, or in order to adapt said policy to the instructions issued by the Spanish Data Protection Agency, therefore users are advised to visit it periodically.
When significant changes are made to this Cookies Policy, users will be notified either through the web or through email to registered users.